Why am I so grumpy?

Why am I so grumpy? On the face of it I have no real need to be grumpy. I have a job, a lovely girlfriend, great parents and good set of friends but the slightest thing still makes me grumpy, miserable and frustrated.

Friday 10 September 2010

Children should be barred

People and alcohol is a sacrosanct relationship. It helps us through bad times (ignore those councillors who say it’s bad) and makes the good times even better. At the end of a stressful day, my nice friend Miss Stella Artois and her colleague John Smith are there to calm the nerves, put the world in perspective and make everything better.

To improve things further, we make it a social occasion and meet up with friends. The world can be held to account, we can berate idiots and unite in drunken revelry.

Happy Drunk

Now I’ve documented before how Thai Food can ruin  things, there’s another one to add to the list. CHILDREN.

Who/what/why and when did it become acceptable for children to be around adults in bars? I’m all for sociable family restaurants, but I draw the line at bars. They’re adult places. We (I) want to talk about tits, football, work, tits, politics, beer etc... without the ear-drum piecing squeal of a hyper-active child cutting through the atmosphere. Hotel bars are worst. Parents think that they can get away with having their kids in bars because they’re on holiday and they can keep their kids up longer. Well, you can’t. I want to be able to swear, shout and spill beer without the fear of teaching about gynaecology and using words they shouldn't hear for another 10 years. It’s an adult place, your child should be in bed you mindless, inconsiderate fool.

Annoying Child
What makes it worse is that they then have the audacity to tell you to be quiet, give you evil looks or insist on staying in the bar out of principle. You people should take a step back for a second, look at where you are and then realise you’re wrong. The bar is for people like me. Not you. And certainly not that mis-behaving, crying little shit that just spilled coke on my shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment